Sunday, November 7, 2010

Veterans Cemetery

This last weekend I went to the Idaho Veterans Cemetery for the TVT blog.
It was such an amazing experience. This might sound creepy but I love cemetery.
Because I believe in eternity and life after death I don't have sad memories associated there.
I love that each person buried there has a story-a mother and father, an awkward first kiss, and endless stories of achieved dreams.
As I peaked at the top of the parking lot the view of the valley was amazing. With the leaves changing colors the City of Trees was a sunset all itself. I felt so close to heaven. I made a comment to Jason(my friend who went with me) that looking at the magnificent view made me feel so small and insignificant but at the same time I felt powerful and complete. It was a profound assurance of who I am and that I am were I am suppose to be in my life.
What a beautiful place to be buried. Surely the view brings peace to the family and friends that gather there to remember lost loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment